Sunday, April 12, 2009

Australian Easter


from top: chocolate bilby; Miss B's first take-home cooking project from preschool--decorated Easter biscuits; Easter cupcakes; supermarket shelves stocked with candy; Italian pizza chiene (meat pie); Italian Easter tarrale

Well, I thought having Christmas in the summertime was weird, but having Easter in the autumn is weirder still. Even so, we enjoyed a day full of holiday goodies, Skype chats with family, and warm autumn sunshine. I hope that you and yours have had a Happy Easter, Happy Passover, or just a happy and relaxing weekend.

7 comments:

Mark Scarbrough said... Best Blogger Tips

Darn those Biblical types who didn't realize there was a southern hemisphere! I agree: Easter should be in the spring. (Maybe I say that because I'm "lucky" enough to have been born in what's "clearly" the right hemisphere!) Everyone down under should just move the holiday to, oh, say, October. And Christmas to July. Seems normal to me.

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

Even though I knew logically that all the major holidays are (northern) seasonally oriented, it still didn't prepare me for how surreal it is to transpose them to the opposite end of the seasonal year. It started with trying to figure out what to serve for Thanksgiving dinner when it was 80F outside, and it's been getting weirder ever since! I am totally on board with your plan to move the holidays....maybe I make a campaign for "Seasonally Appropriate Holidays" my project while I'm down here.

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

That should say "...maybe I'LL make..." D'oh!

Half of team FC said... Best Blogger Tips

I want a bilby......bet it tastes better than chocolate bunnies....

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

We'll do a side-by-side blind taste test and let you know....

KJ said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope you guys had a happy easter! I didn't share my chocolate bilby with a soul..thanks :) Talk soon. xo

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

KJ, you absolutely deserve a whole chocolate bilby to yourself. Several, in fact. Hope you're getting some spring up there. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...