Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Temporary kitchen

We are fully immersed in re-orientation - setting up mobile phones and bank accounts, completing school paperwork and buying uniforms....Internet access continues to be a bit tricky from an actual computer; I'm posting this from the local library, where wifi is now available (a change from 3 years ago), so it might be possible to include a photo with my next update! Our hotel apartment is basic but functional; I was overjoyed to find that it has a gas stove, which almost makes up for the fact that the cooking equipment consists of 3 saucepans and a very small skillet. So I'll be getting creative about what I'm cooking, as well as investing in a few pieces of additional equipment that will supplement my tiny batterie de cuisine without duplicating something I already have and don't need two of. Should make for some interesting challenges in the near future....Recipe and equipment suggestions welcome!

4 comments:

IHateToast said... Best Blogger Tips

What I love about Canberra is that it smells like fall in the northern hemisphere at this time. We go only in autumn because of the marathon.

beck said... Best Blogger Tips

We are in the middle of renovating at the moment and in the last three months without a kitchen (I’ve been using a single portable electric element) I have to say I’ve discovered a new love for my slow cooker - and it’s particularly good for the sort of comfort food I feel like in this weather anyway!
Rebecca

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

@IHateToast Yes - and since autumn as my favorite season, I was more than happy to get an extra dose of it, even in June!

Roving Lemon said... Best Blogger Tips

@beck Rebecca, I expect to miss my slow cooker with a visceral ache; it's one of the things I can't really justify buying, since I've got 2 US models AND a UK/Aus one on their way to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...