Sunday, November 9, 2014

Unexpectedly offline


NaBloPoMo, Day 9.

So we went off to the beach for the weekend with friends, me tucking my iPad under my arm and blithely expecting to eke out at least a quick Saturday post. Turns out the house we were renting (from friends of our friends) had no wifi. Who knew such a thing was even possible in late 2014? And between the terrible phone service down at the coast and the fact that my phone is so old it would probably work faster with a hand crank, I had no choice but to miss Day 8 of NaBloPoMo. (*Sob!*)

Despite this, I managed to have an idyllic weekend of lounging on the beach, catching up with my friend L, who I haven't seen nearly enough of in the past few months, and poking around a section of the New South Wales coast I haven't visited before. I even got to visit the best kitchen shop I've found so far in Australia (In & Out in Mogo - stocked to the gills with useful stuff at reasonable prices, no website available [!]), and didn't cook to speak of for 2 days - we agreed to bring breakfast and lunch stuff (plus I brought along a batch of blondies), but went out to eat both nights. It was lovely; as much as I love cooking, I also love not cooking, especially when I still get to eat good food.

That's the news from here; hope your weekend is treating you well too.




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...